Skip to main content

A new (to me) technique!

Too many times throughout my paper crafting adventures, I come across a new idea... or a better way of doing things...maybe just perfecting something I have been battling and think to myself, wouldn't this make a good blog post??? Then time gets the best of me and feel like I missed my opportunity! Though I used this nifty little technique at least a month ago, and someone else probably thought of it before me, I wanted to share it now while I am thinking about it! :o)
I know there are different colored book binding rings for sale somewhere....maybe 7gypsies....Tim Holtz.... You know something distressed and simply anything other color than those same old silver rings! Since I have been experimenting with the Tim Holtz alcohol inks, I knew I had to try it out on them shiny rings. It is suppose to stick to just about anything so I applied some of the natural colors set, and it worked great!
Don't forget to protect your work surface! I use the cellophane packaging my papers come in. It took a couple of applications on each side to get the deep color that's on these.
So much nicer than uncalled for plain silver rings! It limits the shopping around for color coordination... and makes me a happy camper! :o) Give it a try! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Anonymous said…
GREAT idea, the rings now match your book better! ... pretty pretty!
Finie Ramos said…
Thats gorgeous!

By the way, check out my blog

http://finieramos.blogspot.com/2010/03/day-8-happy-birthday-my-blog.html

I'm giving away an award to you!

Muahxx
Brandy, how cool!! I love your idea. I had never thought of the alcohol inks. I have some, I think I will give this a try later. :)

Hope you are well!
Tammie :)
Tammy E. said…
How neat is this! Great idea!
Dee2 said…
Great idea Brandy! :)

Popular posts from this blog

ReneaBouquets November Swap- Mini Clipboard Calendar

I'm here today to share the project I made for the ReneaBouquets NOVEMBER swap! We had lots of fun doing with the Altered Mini Clipboard Calendar swap last year, so lets do it again! I have loved having the beautiful one I got from my partner out in my craft space all year. The one I am sharing today was created with so much ReneaBouquets goodness. Flowers and B Boards....and of course those little butterfly masterpieces we all love! I printed the calendar pages from a spot I found by Googling: "Free Mini Printable Calendar 2020" There are also tons to choose from on Etsy! I hope you find my project inspiring and can come join in on the fun!!  Here's a process video to get your creative juices flowing:) Here's everything I used on this project from ReneaBouquets: Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip Board Beautiful Board Medium Autumn Flourish Pattern Beautiful Board Small Victor...

GOT CARDS?

I'm a little late as usual posting, but I have great news! I've been inspired to once again make a few cards! After making thousands of handmade greeting cards, most of which were sold on eBay, I suddenly grew tired of making them. I'm sure a new baby (my second child), many life changes, and of course my interest in mini albums, just drained me of my card making mojo. This week Pocket Full Of Papers is having a handmade greeting card challenge that is part of the Holiday Shoppe we're hosting this month. Be sure to search PFOP on eBay to see all the handmade paper goodies and designer handmade cards,we have to offer this week!  I had no idea when I started making a couple cards for the challenge I would end up with a whopping 25 so far! Some of them really have a lot of my "oc" designs, like bouquets, or tiny flowers adorning a fence. Something new for me in cardmaking has been machine sewing many of the layers. I love on cards just as much as on al...

Brown Paper Bags: Not just for lunch!

I just love how paper bag scrapbook albums are so unique in their own special way! Though chipboard is my favorite base for mini albums, I can't help but make a bag album now and again. I prefer to use a heavy paper weight, so there isn't as much rippling of the pages from gluing. I also love to use my most favorite glue... the Zig Memory Two way glue pen. If you apply the glue and almost immediatly attach your papers it makes a perfect bond that dries superfast and never rinkles and ripples like other gluing can! I used up most of the rest of the fall themed paper pack I got by Making Memories for it. Unlike chipboard albums, there is no need for perfect trimming and sanding all the edges of the pages. For this album however, I distressed the edges and it made for quite a time consuming and dusty technique! Probably not a favorite of every buyer out there... let's just hope someone can't live without it :) I printed out a few fall sayings including the covers title a...