Skip to main content

Let's Go A Haunting!

I love Halloween, it's one of my favorite holidays. Fall comes in colors of red, orange, brown...then BAM, Halloween comes and throws in purple and black and green, making for one of the most awesome color pallets!
Tonight I listed my first Halloween album. I like the horizontal rectangle, it gives great little layouts just the right room. This paper line is called Haunted by Cosmo Cricket. Yeah, I LOVE me some Cosmo Cricket!! The paper pack comes with awesome stickers, so you can't help but spend the extra $$$ and get the chipboard shapes that the stickers fit perfectly over top of!
After all that careful tracing, cutting, gluing, and of course finally sanding every edge, I had one pretty neat album to fill :) I have to point out one funny thing... this dang little swirl is suppose to show the bats flight pattern right? I made it from one straight row of connected pearls and it was soooo hard to get it right! LOL!
I love how this page turned out, I cut that leafy-vine-flourish thing out by hand and inked the chipboard bat with metallic ink. This picture really doesn't do it justice now that I stare at it for awhile! LOL
I have been a little bored with the usual machine stitching lately so I scribble stitched some photo mat corners by hand with orange thread. I scissor distressed all the photo mats and a few accents too. I think it turned out alright, I already have some plans for an album to finish off the papers though! Check it on ebay!

Comments

Your albums always leave me speechless. It's so delightful, all of the work you put into these wonderful creations! Absolutely beautiful!
You did an amazing job Brandy. You are so talented ! Love your style :)

Tammie :)
JAN said…
your halloween album is to die for i spotted them over on ebay and just was knocked down by your talent and designs..i am from the UK and we dont see many albums like yours over here. Very inspirational. Also outstanding and if i could afford it i would your amazing fall leaves paperbag album is a pure treasure to behold, visually stunning and looks beautifully enticingly tactile too. You must get so much pleasure and sense of achievement out of creating your album masterpieces
Brandy said…
Thanks girls!
Jan, the pleasure and self achievement of creating mini albums IS phenomenal! Like therapy :)

Thanks for stopping by again Terry!

Tammie, hope all is well with you!
I'm gonna stop by "your place" and see what you've got going on these days :)
ck said…
Brandy
I've been following you for a couple of years and have purchased several of your scrapbooks. I love your work so keep it up.
REALLY SUPER CUTE!! wow... amazing..
with a grin,
steffogal1
www.withagrin.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

ReneaBouquets November Swap- Mini Clipboard Calendar

I'm here today to share the project I made for the ReneaBouquets NOVEMBER swap! We had lots of fun doing with the Altered Mini Clipboard Calendar swap last year, so lets do it again! I have loved having the beautiful one I got from my partner out in my craft space all year. The one I am sharing today was created with so much ReneaBouquets goodness. Flowers and B Boards....and of course those little butterfly masterpieces we all love! I printed the calendar pages from a spot I found by Googling: "Free Mini Printable Calendar 2020" There are also tons to choose from on Etsy! I hope you find my project inspiring and can come join in on the fun!!  Here's a process video to get your creative juices flowing:) Here's everything I used on this project from ReneaBouquets: Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip Board Beautiful Board Medium Autumn Flourish Pattern Beautiful Board Small Victor...

GOT CARDS?

I'm a little late as usual posting, but I have great news! I've been inspired to once again make a few cards! After making thousands of handmade greeting cards, most of which were sold on eBay, I suddenly grew tired of making them. I'm sure a new baby (my second child), many life changes, and of course my interest in mini albums, just drained me of my card making mojo. This week Pocket Full Of Papers is having a handmade greeting card challenge that is part of the Holiday Shoppe we're hosting this month. Be sure to search PFOP on eBay to see all the handmade paper goodies and designer handmade cards,we have to offer this week!  I had no idea when I started making a couple cards for the challenge I would end up with a whopping 25 so far! Some of them really have a lot of my "oc" designs, like bouquets, or tiny flowers adorning a fence. Something new for me in cardmaking has been machine sewing many of the layers. I love on cards just as much as on al...

Brown Paper Bags: Not just for lunch!

I just love how paper bag scrapbook albums are so unique in their own special way! Though chipboard is my favorite base for mini albums, I can't help but make a bag album now and again. I prefer to use a heavy paper weight, so there isn't as much rippling of the pages from gluing. I also love to use my most favorite glue... the Zig Memory Two way glue pen. If you apply the glue and almost immediatly attach your papers it makes a perfect bond that dries superfast and never rinkles and ripples like other gluing can! I used up most of the rest of the fall themed paper pack I got by Making Memories for it. Unlike chipboard albums, there is no need for perfect trimming and sanding all the edges of the pages. For this album however, I distressed the edges and it made for quite a time consuming and dusty technique! Probably not a favorite of every buyer out there... let's just hope someone can't live without it :) I printed out a few fall sayings including the covers title a...