Brown Paper Bags: Not just for lunch!

I just love how paper bag scrapbook albums are so unique in their own special way! Though chipboard is my favorite base for mini albums, I can't help but make a bag album now and again. I prefer to use a heavy paper weight, so there isn't as much rippling of the pages from gluing. I also love to use my most favorite glue... the Zig Memory Two way glue pen. If you apply the glue and almost immediatly attach your papers it makes a perfect bond that dries superfast and never rinkles and ripples like other gluing can! I used up most of the rest of the fall themed paper pack I got by Making Memories for it. Unlike chipboard albums, there is no need for perfect trimming and sanding all the edges of the pages. For this album however, I distressed the edges and it made for quite a time consuming and dusty technique! Probably not a favorite of every buyer out there... let's just hope someone can't live without it :) I printed out a few fall sayings including the covers title and distressed them all too. For the distressing, I used a sharp pair of scissors, and scraped it along the sides of the papers. I love how no matter how gental you are, you can easily get a random tear or two along each side! Then I inked the edges just a little bit with some distress ink by Ranger Ink... looks like I used "antique linen", it's on the top of the pile in my drawer :)
Check it out on ebay!

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

GORGEOUS!

Do What You Love said...

Oh my what beautiful albums. I checked out the one on ebay - wow, you really know how to put paper together to make it ZING! It makes me want to do albums as holiday gifts for family. Absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I'll try to make one like this. You might as well want to know the range and quality of paper crafting materials I found at Christina’s Crafts. Worth Checking!

Tammy said...

LOVE the colours!! Beautiful work as always ;-).

Brandy said...

Thanks for your kind words girls! There is nothing better than hearing other fantastic artists like your work! LOL