Skip to main content

Behold the beauty!


Well I think it took me every bit of this last week to get this baby done. Like I have said, it's been a long week. And although the other album is not quite done it is very similar to this one. I can't figure out why it would be so hard for me to make a couple albums with this paper. Sure, I bought a limited amount of sheets, but I seldom waste any. The only thing that I can figure is that one would be for my mom! Whenever I make something specifically for someone, I feel lots of pressure. When I make something for ebay or etsy, I really feel NO pressure. I just figure someone will love it...and hope they want it ALOT! :O)

This is Karen Foster paper, yep the flimsy stuff. LOL! It was just too cute to pass up. Plus it says my moms name written all over it! I lay out my papers, make my chipboard pages, I pull out ALL coordinating ribbons, some fibers, and embellishments I have.
Then I start tracing my chipboard pages on the papers. I like being able to poke around with everything laying around, sort of brainstorm! The next couple steps are very boring...LOL
After cutting out each page by hand, I sew around the outer edge of each one. While going through the stack of pages so many times, I now am getting a good idea for the colors, patterns, and sizes of photo mats. (many of these were cut with my cricut) Before I get to far from the sewing machine I stitch around them quick too. Where the seems come together, I always pull the threads through to the back of the paper and tape them securely. The "oc" in me will not allow me to overlap seams and I definitely wouldn't want them coming undone!
The bird on the front is from Maya Road. I covered it with paper, then sanded the edges and inked it with Jim Holtz Distress ink. This is pretty much the way I make every page. I glue all the pages on to their chipboard, sand and ink them all, then punch holes and bind them with book rings. If the front page will come easily to me I do it first, as to not use up any embellishments, that I might have wanted it to have. For this album I made lots of beautiful unique flowers by pairing up primas with my own hand cut cardstock flowers. Curling and inking them took forever too!
Now all the preparation and brainstorming is done. I tie ribbons and fibers on each binder rings now, I think it really sturdies up the book and helps make sure it will all open and close smoothly. Lastly...decorate them pages!! You almost can't go wrong here. Attach the photo mats, a few flowers here and there, a ribbon, little bit of balance and creative imagination and you have yourself one beautiful album!

Comments

Kitty said…
that's amazing! i really like your blog...keep posting!

Popular posts from this blog

ReneaBouquets November Swap- Mini Clipboard Calendar

I'm here today to share the project I made for the ReneaBouquets NOVEMBER swap! We had lots of fun doing with the Altered Mini Clipboard Calendar swap last year, so lets do it again! I have loved having the beautiful one I got from my partner out in my craft space all year. The one I am sharing today was created with so much ReneaBouquets goodness. Flowers and B Boards....and of course those little butterfly masterpieces we all love! I printed the calendar pages from a spot I found by Googling: "Free Mini Printable Calendar 2020" There are also tons to choose from on Etsy! I hope you find my project inspiring and can come join in on the fun!!  Here's a process video to get your creative juices flowing:) Here's everything I used on this project from ReneaBouquets: Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip Board Beautiful Board Medium Autumn Flourish Pattern Beautiful Board Small Victor...

GOT CARDS?

I'm a little late as usual posting, but I have great news! I've been inspired to once again make a few cards! After making thousands of handmade greeting cards, most of which were sold on eBay, I suddenly grew tired of making them. I'm sure a new baby (my second child), many life changes, and of course my interest in mini albums, just drained me of my card making mojo. This week Pocket Full Of Papers is having a handmade greeting card challenge that is part of the Holiday Shoppe we're hosting this month. Be sure to search PFOP on eBay to see all the handmade paper goodies and designer handmade cards,we have to offer this week!  I had no idea when I started making a couple cards for the challenge I would end up with a whopping 25 so far! Some of them really have a lot of my "oc" designs, like bouquets, or tiny flowers adorning a fence. Something new for me in cardmaking has been machine sewing many of the layers. I love on cards just as much as on al...

Brown Paper Bags: Not just for lunch!

I just love how paper bag scrapbook albums are so unique in their own special way! Though chipboard is my favorite base for mini albums, I can't help but make a bag album now and again. I prefer to use a heavy paper weight, so there isn't as much rippling of the pages from gluing. I also love to use my most favorite glue... the Zig Memory Two way glue pen. If you apply the glue and almost immediatly attach your papers it makes a perfect bond that dries superfast and never rinkles and ripples like other gluing can! I used up most of the rest of the fall themed paper pack I got by Making Memories for it. Unlike chipboard albums, there is no need for perfect trimming and sanding all the edges of the pages. For this album however, I distressed the edges and it made for quite a time consuming and dusty technique! Probably not a favorite of every buyer out there... let's just hope someone can't live without it :) I printed out a few fall sayings including the covers title a...