Skip to main content

My latest ACRYLIC album!



I found this poor album at M's awhile back, the packaging was tattered but the album was in perfect condition! Oh, and did I mention the best part??? It was on clearance for like 7 bucks...can't beat that deal! I bought some K&Co Wild Saffron paper that day too, so I guess they were meant to be together :-) The pictures I have posted don't really go so much with what I am actually saying..LOL I didn't take pictures as I went. They are just for your viewing pleasure as you read ;-)

Okay, back on track! This is deffinetly one of those bold, large print paper packs, but I made some cards with it last week too. It sat for a long time, this album was probably on the corner of my desk for a week! Waiting for the front page to come to me.

Finally, I saw a scrap with the butterfly tilted in just the right direction and remembering I still had the other sheet of the paper, knew I could cut out the other matching butterfly and place it directly over the top of it for the very front page of the album. After the front was stacked and ready to go I started with the back page, made it with one of the largest sized mats I would use.

I love to use double sided papers on acrylic, then you can use it for the mat on the back side of the page too. Cutting out each pages mat, I made my way back to the front. One tip, leave that protective sheet on the album til you absolutely HAVE to take it off! I glue right to it with my Zig glue pen, I just give the glue a moment to dry a little so it is only a temporary bond. After I had all the mats finished i sat down at the sewing machine and stitched around each mat. The temporary glue allows you to pull off the mat, sew it, and stick it right back on! Too easy...


Next, I find homes for lots of pretty flowers, taking care to see what will hide the backs of each of them. Sometimes the edge of a mat works, sometimes it's just another flower. When you have a good idea of what will go where on your page, pull the mat back off ONE MORE TIME, and peal off that protective sheet. With very clean hands design your page, my favorite permanent adhesive these days are those wonderful little glue dots!

After each page was all put together, I pushed the edges of the pages into my white Stazon ink pad, just enough to accentuate the scalloped edge. they can really get lost IMO without a little definition! :-)
Now I just bind it together with some book rings, tie on my coordinating ribbons, and finally my album is complete!



Before I go, is it just me or is anyone else finding it hard to find  nice pretty paper collection and kits? I seem to be having a lot of trouble finding anything that trips my trigger! So many bold, large patterns... I have been thinking of going back to some previous lines for a bit. Who knows! If you have any suggestions, feel free to introduce me to them :-)

Comments

JAN said…
wow this mini album is one of the best i have seen so beautiful and well thought through you are a true inspiration. I only wish i could afford it as i would snap it up right away. good luck with it on ebay who ever gets this will be super lucky
This is beautiful Brandy! high bids!
Kristi said…
So gorgeous! You do amazing work Brandy!

Popular posts from this blog

ReneaBouquets November Swap- Mini Clipboard Calendar

I'm here today to share the project I made for the ReneaBouquets NOVEMBER swap! We had lots of fun doing with the Altered Mini Clipboard Calendar swap last year, so lets do it again! I have loved having the beautiful one I got from my partner out in my craft space all year. The one I am sharing today was created with so much ReneaBouquets goodness. Flowers and B Boards....and of course those little butterfly masterpieces we all love! I printed the calendar pages from a spot I found by Googling: "Free Mini Printable Calendar 2020" There are also tons to choose from on Etsy! I hope you find my project inspiring and can come join in on the fun!!  Here's a process video to get your creative juices flowing:) Here's everything I used on this project from ReneaBouquets: Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip Board Beautiful Board Medium Autumn Flourish Pattern Beautiful Board Small Victor...

GOT CARDS?

I'm a little late as usual posting, but I have great news! I've been inspired to once again make a few cards! After making thousands of handmade greeting cards, most of which were sold on eBay, I suddenly grew tired of making them. I'm sure a new baby (my second child), many life changes, and of course my interest in mini albums, just drained me of my card making mojo. This week Pocket Full Of Papers is having a handmade greeting card challenge that is part of the Holiday Shoppe we're hosting this month. Be sure to search PFOP on eBay to see all the handmade paper goodies and designer handmade cards,we have to offer this week!  I had no idea when I started making a couple cards for the challenge I would end up with a whopping 25 so far! Some of them really have a lot of my "oc" designs, like bouquets, or tiny flowers adorning a fence. Something new for me in cardmaking has been machine sewing many of the layers. I love on cards just as much as on al...

Brown Paper Bags: Not just for lunch!

I just love how paper bag scrapbook albums are so unique in their own special way! Though chipboard is my favorite base for mini albums, I can't help but make a bag album now and again. I prefer to use a heavy paper weight, so there isn't as much rippling of the pages from gluing. I also love to use my most favorite glue... the Zig Memory Two way glue pen. If you apply the glue and almost immediatly attach your papers it makes a perfect bond that dries superfast and never rinkles and ripples like other gluing can! I used up most of the rest of the fall themed paper pack I got by Making Memories for it. Unlike chipboard albums, there is no need for perfect trimming and sanding all the edges of the pages. For this album however, I distressed the edges and it made for quite a time consuming and dusty technique! Probably not a favorite of every buyer out there... let's just hope someone can't live without it :) I printed out a few fall sayings including the covers title a...