Skip to main content

Inspiring Butterflies!

Well I think I said in my last post, that I loved fall/Halloween colors... Don't get me wrong, I do love this time of year. though the leaves have just begun to change here in southern Colorado, I really want to be done paper crafting in fall colors! I've still got some albums to finish up, but I had to take a break. This is what I came up with!
I knew after flipping through the pages of the DCWV Garden Party Stack at JoAnns I would be using some of the pages pretty quick!


One of them had glitter swirls atop various sizes of beautiful butterflies-- it is so pretty! I think I had the butterflies cut cut out before I even set up the album :) I also made many handmade flowers. I must say, luckily my DH was happy to help me out with these!! First I traced a circle shape and tore it out. Then I crumpled them into tiny balls and rolled the around and around and around..(get the picture?) in the palms of my hands. When you un-crumple them they are full of texture and the torn edges have been smoothed perfectly. I really like them! I have seen many similar ones, but I really like the *been pulverized* look!

So I went through my chipboard pages stash, picked out a couple pages from my Michaels $1 albums and traced and cut out the rest with my own hand drawn templates.


This page is from the butterfly album from Michaels but I trimmed the tops and bottoms off the wings so the shape better fit the butterflies on the pages. I never did like the shape of that butterfly album anyway! ;) I love this quote, i got it from quotegarden.com. Be sure to check there next time you are in need of a neat quote.







There aren't many DCWV embellishments, but I did find some K&Co epoxy stickers that matched great and really helped me with the theme of the album.
And there it is! I hope you like it as much as I do :) Check it out on ebay!

Comments

DeeDee said…
Truly a beautiful album. I love the pinks and browns, and I am a big fan of the pulverized look too. ;)
What an incredible creation! I love those DCWV papers and so well coordinated. Butterflies are so perfect with this album! You've really done a beautiful job with this design. I love the flowers! I'll have to try that pulverized look and see what I can come up with. I just have to find chipboard albums; they seem to be scarce around here. :p
Tammy said…
Those flowers are fabulous!! Such a lovely album and the shapes are so unique. I love those papers too ~ they are perfect for butterfly albums ;-). I was just looking at my pack thinking it was time to do another pink and brown butterfly album...

I'm thrilled you are using it for the Breast Cancer Awareness challenge!!
Brandy said…
Thanks girls! My hands and fingers are still recuperating from all the pulverizing! I love the way it came out and am so happy to contribute to a great cause.

Popular posts from this blog

ReneaBouquets November Swap- Mini Clipboard Calendar

I'm here today to share the project I made for the ReneaBouquets NOVEMBER swap! We had lots of fun doing with the Altered Mini Clipboard Calendar swap last year, so lets do it again! I have loved having the beautiful one I got from my partner out in my craft space all year. The one I am sharing today was created with so much ReneaBouquets goodness. Flowers and B Boards....and of course those little butterfly masterpieces we all love! I printed the calendar pages from a spot I found by Googling: "Free Mini Printable Calendar 2020" There are also tons to choose from on Etsy! I hope you find my project inspiring and can come join in on the fun!!  Here's a process video to get your creative juices flowing:) Here's everything I used on this project from ReneaBouquets: Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip Board Beautiful Board Medium Autumn Flourish Pattern Beautiful Board Small Victor...

GOT CARDS?

I'm a little late as usual posting, but I have great news! I've been inspired to once again make a few cards! After making thousands of handmade greeting cards, most of which were sold on eBay, I suddenly grew tired of making them. I'm sure a new baby (my second child), many life changes, and of course my interest in mini albums, just drained me of my card making mojo. This week Pocket Full Of Papers is having a handmade greeting card challenge that is part of the Holiday Shoppe we're hosting this month. Be sure to search PFOP on eBay to see all the handmade paper goodies and designer handmade cards,we have to offer this week!  I had no idea when I started making a couple cards for the challenge I would end up with a whopping 25 so far! Some of them really have a lot of my "oc" designs, like bouquets, or tiny flowers adorning a fence. Something new for me in cardmaking has been machine sewing many of the layers. I love on cards just as much as on al...

Brown Paper Bags: Not just for lunch!

I just love how paper bag scrapbook albums are so unique in their own special way! Though chipboard is my favorite base for mini albums, I can't help but make a bag album now and again. I prefer to use a heavy paper weight, so there isn't as much rippling of the pages from gluing. I also love to use my most favorite glue... the Zig Memory Two way glue pen. If you apply the glue and almost immediatly attach your papers it makes a perfect bond that dries superfast and never rinkles and ripples like other gluing can! I used up most of the rest of the fall themed paper pack I got by Making Memories for it. Unlike chipboard albums, there is no need for perfect trimming and sanding all the edges of the pages. For this album however, I distressed the edges and it made for quite a time consuming and dusty technique! Probably not a favorite of every buyer out there... let's just hope someone can't live without it :) I printed out a few fall sayings including the covers title a...