Skip to main content

Then and now!

I made an album yesterday- start to finish- in the time it took my youngest to take his nap! It is only 4x4 inches, but I am still pretty proud :o) Could I be getting a teeny bit more efficient??? I'm waiting on three new paper collections...seems like it's taking forever. What to do... what to do...LOL :O)
One of my fellow PFOPers, was talking about trying to use up some papers from three years ago... so I gave myself a little dig through my older bits and pieces. I found my extremely old bag of Cosmo Crickets Jitterbug line! Though most of it was cut to finish a 5x5 mini album one day, I chose to use some chip and acrylic shapes I had cut on my cricut a couple months back.

So here is what I created! It is so cute and so tiny.
















A couple of the mats will hold a cropped wallet size picture.. the rest need about half that.

I stamped and cut out a few journal spots to put them on the acrylic pages.
I'm going list this on eBay one of these days...but here's a peek for now :o)


Now for the cool part of this post :o) I thought I would post some pictures of the albums I first made with Jitterbug!  These are both from early 2008. First is a 5x7 chipboard album.
 
  I remember my thumb hurt terribly after forming/curling all those flowers over the cap of my glue pen!
 The second is a paper bag album. No sewing...pop dots under every photo mat. :o)
 The outer pockets were probably full of tiny little journal tags, I must not have taken a picture? And those flower center gems? Hand glued them all down...thank goodness for adhesive backed bling :o)
I have really come a long way, I would say. LOL.. and the fact that scrapbooking is always evolving...I love to look back at some of my older work :o) Thanks for reading!

Comments

kitsNbits said…
So the truth is out, you were born talented :) Love the little album alot, and I dont care if its older paper, cute is cute!!
Tammy said…
That's truly amazing to finish such a CUTE album in such a short amount of time!!!

Lovely work as always ;-).
DeeDee said…
Wow you made that fast!! Love the sneek peek at your older work. It looked great!

Popular posts from this blog

ReneaBouquets November Swap- Mini Clipboard Calendar

I'm here today to share the project I made for the ReneaBouquets NOVEMBER swap! We had lots of fun doing with the Altered Mini Clipboard Calendar swap last year, so lets do it again! I have loved having the beautiful one I got from my partner out in my craft space all year. The one I am sharing today was created with so much ReneaBouquets goodness. Flowers and B Boards....and of course those little butterfly masterpieces we all love! I printed the calendar pages from a spot I found by Googling: "Free Mini Printable Calendar 2020" There are also tons to choose from on Etsy! I hope you find my project inspiring and can come join in on the fun!!  Here's a process video to get your creative juices flowing:) Here's everything I used on this project from ReneaBouquets: Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip Board Beautiful Board Medium Autumn Flourish Pattern Beautiful Board Small Victor...

GOT CARDS?

I'm a little late as usual posting, but I have great news! I've been inspired to once again make a few cards! After making thousands of handmade greeting cards, most of which were sold on eBay, I suddenly grew tired of making them. I'm sure a new baby (my second child), many life changes, and of course my interest in mini albums, just drained me of my card making mojo. This week Pocket Full Of Papers is having a handmade greeting card challenge that is part of the Holiday Shoppe we're hosting this month. Be sure to search PFOP on eBay to see all the handmade paper goodies and designer handmade cards,we have to offer this week!  I had no idea when I started making a couple cards for the challenge I would end up with a whopping 25 so far! Some of them really have a lot of my "oc" designs, like bouquets, or tiny flowers adorning a fence. Something new for me in cardmaking has been machine sewing many of the layers. I love on cards just as much as on al...

Brown Paper Bags: Not just for lunch!

I just love how paper bag scrapbook albums are so unique in their own special way! Though chipboard is my favorite base for mini albums, I can't help but make a bag album now and again. I prefer to use a heavy paper weight, so there isn't as much rippling of the pages from gluing. I also love to use my most favorite glue... the Zig Memory Two way glue pen. If you apply the glue and almost immediatly attach your papers it makes a perfect bond that dries superfast and never rinkles and ripples like other gluing can! I used up most of the rest of the fall themed paper pack I got by Making Memories for it. Unlike chipboard albums, there is no need for perfect trimming and sanding all the edges of the pages. For this album however, I distressed the edges and it made for quite a time consuming and dusty technique! Probably not a favorite of every buyer out there... let's just hope someone can't live without it :) I printed out a few fall sayings including the covers title a...