Skip to main content

Simple Stories...A simple challenge

One of my favorite new paper companies is Simple Stories. One of their latest collections really caught my eye and I bought more of the different elements of the line than I usually do :) I think what won me over with Summer Fresh was the mix of denim, burlap, and it still has some very pretty florals! It doesn't get any better!
This paper bag mini album is set up as I have been making them for years, but the size is very different. It is a whopping 8x8 inches! It was a challenge for me filling up each page. My usual page canvas is a mere 5-6 inches, but I really liked being able to decorate the page and still have lots of yummy background paper showing :)
I had so many ideas for a cover on this one...I must have stacked it up and cleared it back off ten times!
I decided to use this floral pattern, I like giving you an idea of the colors included in the album right on the front. Then you get to load up the binder rings with a nice variety pretty ribbons too :)
                                     
 
 
 
Now that I got Summer Fresh out of my system for a week or so, I can go back and finish my Fabulous album :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Emily said…
You're awesome Brandy!!! I love this album!!! I'm on the Simple Stories DT and I got Summer Fresh a few weeks ago, it's soooo pretty, right?
Brandy said…
Thanks Emily!
It is SO pretty! I can't wait to play with it on smaller scale :)
Mandi said…
It turned out fabulous, Brandy! I have been using my Summer Fresh a little. I can't wait to finish an album with it! I am really loving Simple Stories too.
Sandy Ang said…
your album is just amazing so much to admire on each page
Brandy said…
Thanks Mandi And Sandy!
Thanks Brandy!
I love that SS paper and so need to make another one with it! I cn't wait to see what new lines they come out with next month!
OA's Cakewalk is my new fav right now.

Lindsey
Iftekhar Ahmed said…
I appreciate the useful written blog posts and the original videos, which are the true to the naked eye. You Post is value able and meaningful and gives true meaning by the beautiful words.
Radiator Covers

Popular posts from this blog

ReneaBouquets November Swap- Mini Clipboard Calendar

I'm here today to share the project I made for the ReneaBouquets NOVEMBER swap! We had lots of fun doing with the Altered Mini Clipboard Calendar swap last year, so lets do it again! I have loved having the beautiful one I got from my partner out in my craft space all year. The one I am sharing today was created with so much ReneaBouquets goodness. Flowers and B Boards....and of course those little butterfly masterpieces we all love! I printed the calendar pages from a spot I found by Googling: "Free Mini Printable Calendar 2020" There are also tons to choose from on Etsy! I hope you find my project inspiring and can come join in on the fun!!  Here's a process video to get your creative juices flowing:) Here's everything I used on this project from ReneaBouquets: Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip Board Beautiful Board Medium Autumn Flourish Pattern Beautiful Board Small Victor...

GOT CARDS?

I'm a little late as usual posting, but I have great news! I've been inspired to once again make a few cards! After making thousands of handmade greeting cards, most of which were sold on eBay, I suddenly grew tired of making them. I'm sure a new baby (my second child), many life changes, and of course my interest in mini albums, just drained me of my card making mojo. This week Pocket Full Of Papers is having a handmade greeting card challenge that is part of the Holiday Shoppe we're hosting this month. Be sure to search PFOP on eBay to see all the handmade paper goodies and designer handmade cards,we have to offer this week!  I had no idea when I started making a couple cards for the challenge I would end up with a whopping 25 so far! Some of them really have a lot of my "oc" designs, like bouquets, or tiny flowers adorning a fence. Something new for me in cardmaking has been machine sewing many of the layers. I love on cards just as much as on al...

Pocket Full Of Papers Cancer Awarness Charity

Hello! I hope you like the new look to my blog, I had to do just a touch of fall decorating! My post today is to announce that I have joined a new design team on ebay. You may have heard of them before... Pocket Full Of Papers ! If you haven't, you had definitely better go check out their listings!! They are truly an elite group of paper crafters. I am so happy to be a member! October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and PFOP is holding it's annual charity auctions to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure! Each members listing with the word "PINK" in the title will be donating a percentage of the final selling price to help save lives and end breast cancer forever. Here is the beautiful album I have contributed, I posted on it a couple days ago,if you missed it you can find it here .