Skip to main content

My first IRALAMIJA DT Project

        Hi there! I'm posting to show a new project I made with products from Iralamija's store on Etsy!
I've always loved her images!

 With a 3.5x5 inch image from the I started out with a plain scroll shaped wood frame. With and full size print from the BIG WOOD & FLORAL Images, I traced the frame and cut out the shape. Using Fabri-tac glue, I glued the cardstock down on the frame.


When it was dry a lightly sanded the edges of the frame with sandpaper. I LOVE the finished look it gives you. Then I inked all the edges to give it an aged look. 

  











With a 3.5x5 inch image from the ROSE PETAL Backgrounds Images, and used Scor-Tape to stick it to the back of the fame.











Since the frame opening was just a tad larger than the image, I was able to sprinkle some glass glitter along the edges. I love it. :) 

Next, I started piling goodies on the frame just to see what I'd like to use. This is where things get very messy for me. :)

After choosing a number of things, like vintage buttons, twine, my own handmade fabric flowers, lace, heart stick pins and vintage sewing pattern paper, I glued them all down with more Fabri-tac.   
 
 
       I finished off the project by cutting out and using two butterflies from the SHABBY BUTTERFLIES Collage Images an that adorable spool top is from the SHABBY SPOOLS Collage Images.




You can find all of the Iralamija's images I used at the links below!

Shabby Spools Collage Images

Make sure you head on over to Iralamija's and see just what she has in store for you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ReneaBouquets November Swap- Mini Clipboard Calendar

I'm here today to share the project I made for the ReneaBouquets NOVEMBER swap! We had lots of fun doing with the Altered Mini Clipboard Calendar swap last year, so lets do it again! I have loved having the beautiful one I got from my partner out in my craft space all year. The one I am sharing today was created with so much ReneaBouquets goodness. Flowers and B Boards....and of course those little butterfly masterpieces we all love! I printed the calendar pages from a spot I found by Googling: "Free Mini Printable Calendar 2020" There are also tons to choose from on Etsy! I hope you find my project inspiring and can come join in on the fun!!  Here's a process video to get your creative juices flowing:) Here's everything I used on this project from ReneaBouquets: Beautiful Board Grid Elements Laser Cut Chipboard Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip Board Beautiful Board Medium Autumn Flourish Pattern Beautiful Board Small Victor...

GOT CARDS?

I'm a little late as usual posting, but I have great news! I've been inspired to once again make a few cards! After making thousands of handmade greeting cards, most of which were sold on eBay, I suddenly grew tired of making them. I'm sure a new baby (my second child), many life changes, and of course my interest in mini albums, just drained me of my card making mojo. This week Pocket Full Of Papers is having a handmade greeting card challenge that is part of the Holiday Shoppe we're hosting this month. Be sure to search PFOP on eBay to see all the handmade paper goodies and designer handmade cards,we have to offer this week!  I had no idea when I started making a couple cards for the challenge I would end up with a whopping 25 so far! Some of them really have a lot of my "oc" designs, like bouquets, or tiny flowers adorning a fence. Something new for me in cardmaking has been machine sewing many of the layers. I love on cards just as much as on al...

Brown Paper Bags: Not just for lunch!

I just love how paper bag scrapbook albums are so unique in their own special way! Though chipboard is my favorite base for mini albums, I can't help but make a bag album now and again. I prefer to use a heavy paper weight, so there isn't as much rippling of the pages from gluing. I also love to use my most favorite glue... the Zig Memory Two way glue pen. If you apply the glue and almost immediatly attach your papers it makes a perfect bond that dries superfast and never rinkles and ripples like other gluing can! I used up most of the rest of the fall themed paper pack I got by Making Memories for it. Unlike chipboard albums, there is no need for perfect trimming and sanding all the edges of the pages. For this album however, I distressed the edges and it made for quite a time consuming and dusty technique! Probably not a favorite of every buyer out there... let's just hope someone can't live without it :) I printed out a few fall sayings including the covers title a...